Friday, May 10, 2013

ACTRESS WINONA RYDER SYMPATHIZES WITH STEWART & OTHER YOUNG ACTORS' PRIVACY DILEMMAS




Interview Magazine: Kristen Stewart (l) and Winona Ryder (r)



She definitely knows a little about media scrutiny going through personal issues of her own, but not on the level the young actors go through today.  

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (among other social networking resources) make a harder life for the young stars in Hollywood today, giving them less and less privacy to at least try to have some semblance of normalcy in the crazy world of star stalking. 

Academy Award winning actress Jodie Foster wrote about and spoke about the lack of privacy the young actors have today; and now actress Winona Ryder expresses the same concerns to Interview Magazine.  


So what do you think when you see some of these girls, like Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence, go through what they're going through today? 

RYDER: I have to say, I really wonder if I would become an actress if I was their age now. I've only seen part of Twilight [2008], but I've seen their other work and they're both super-talented. I don't know how they do it, though, in just trying to maintain some degree of a personal life and privacy. I don't know how you feel, but when Jodie Foster gave that speech at the Golden Globes, I heard people who were like, "Why is she talking about privacy when she's on stage?" But I have to say, I got what she was saying. 

Look, this is a story in Interview, so I do get how people complaining about privacy when they're actually doing very public things can come across as a bit hypocritical. But I do feel so lucky that I got to get in at least 15 years pre-whatever that show is called where they follow you around and then put it on the Internet. That stuff just didn't exist before. I also have yet to make sense of reality shows and the whole famous-to-be-famous thing where I don't really know what they do, but they're very famous—I know that's a whole other thing. 

But in terms of what happened to me or to other people who are friends of mine who have gone through difficult times where it's really publicized . . . You know, it's hard—and I do have feelings about it. So it's a combination of my heart goes out to them, but then at the same time I know that they don't know anything different.


Stewart was recently photographed and recorded coming out of a grocery store and sitting in a theater's audience to see a stage play.  This calls in to question, "When does she have a right to privacy?" 

As Ryder said:  


"I don't know how they do it...just trying to maintain some degree of a personal life and privacy."


Read the rest of Ryder's interview here




Kristen Stewart Interview Magazine Archives

Check out Stewart's previous appearances in Interview Magazine:  


Here interviewed by Actor/Director Jon Favreau (Zathura) 
Here interviewed by the late legendary actor Dennis Hopper 
Here with Charlize Theron (SWATH promotion). 

Interview Magazine 2006:



Click to enlarge
imagebam.com



Photo Slideshows


                    


                    




2 comments:

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...